Sometimes.... Life Moves Really Slow

Current view while posting this update... and I'm listening to NSYNC and BSB :)

I don't know why but I seem to be measuring things in rounds lately. You know... like boxing? Maybe it's just a better/easier way to break things up since I understand that while you're boxing, you just need to get through however many minutes of torture/survival before you get a breather and then it's back on until the bell rings again. So this is me saying, we survived round one. With the blizzard coming through on Friday, things were looking pretty dicey for us and I seriously thought the whole trip was shot. It's now Sunday afternoon in New York and we are here in all this snow covered glory.

9 hours in an enclosed space with an annoying family sitting in front of you, 3 crying babies and someone with rank breath sitting somewhere in the plane (it drove me crazy that I couldn't figure out where that fool was) is not the way I envisioned spending my Saturday, but these are the sacrifices you make when you're on an epic adventure. One does not simply walk into Mordor ;) Hawaiian Airlines direct service to New York was actually really comfortable. The seats seem more spacious and there were these handy USB charging ports that kept your phone alive (sadly, not able to support charging larger devices).

I posted a photo of Matto on Instagram literally right when we got into the plane. Fun fact about Matto: he is always trying to keep his battery power levels up. You can ask my friends, they'll all tell you it's true. If you guys were wondering, yes... he kept his phone charging the entire flight I'm happy to report that he still has a full battery... because he's sleeping right now.


We made our approach into JFK at around 6:30am this morning and watched the sunrise through our little airplane window. As the sun continued to rise and throw more light, we could definitely see Nemo was here. Everything is still covered in snow from the storm yesterday, but the sky is clear and sunny today making it look like the perfect winter day. The above photo was taken when we were walking to the airtrain to switch terminals. I was so excited, but since we've been stuck in the airport waiting for our next flight, I haven't really felt how cold it is outside.

I'm now sitting in The Oasis Lounge using lighting fast wifi and sitting in a comfy chair while Matto sleeps and this break between rounds is much too long. I want to get to Dublin already and eat a real meal and shower, but this is the part of traveling that's not so awesome: Waiting. It could be worst though, Nemo could have foiled our entire trip and we could still be delayed back home so while life is moving slow right now, I'll take it. Off to stretch a little before round 2 begins. More from the road soon :) The good stuff is still to come!

<3
Lin / Chi Ho

Comments

Popular Posts