The Slacker Of The Group

Matty's been fantastic at actually writing every night. I on the other hand have been eating far too many potatoes (my dinner last night had potatoes 4 different ways... FOUR!). I haven't totally adjusted to the timezone here so I've been sleeping really early and always wake up really early... wish I could get myself to do that back home.

Since I've obviously failed terribly at posting regularly I'm going to do a quick photo filled post with random ramblings... it's very "me" don't you think :)


Ireland Day 1: Cabra Castle & Dublin

 You all know how terrified I was of us driving in Ireland, mainly because we'd be driving on the opposite side of the road... yeah that's not your biggest concern when you get here. Instead it's the narrow roads with no curbs or shoulder. Adding to these things, we arrived in Dublin at around 5am on Day 1and the sun wasn't set to rise until 7am. Fun fact for you, Ireland does not have streetlights. It was a terrifying perfect storm driving that morning, but I must say that Matto did really good. I nearly killed him since I was scared out of my mind but thinking back... it wasn't so bad? Well, let's just say that we made the decision never to drive once the sun went down. In early morning we did a Dublin walking tour. This is me... the freezing Hawaiian ;)

 Cabra Castle was our first castle on our stay (see Matt's post below comparing the first two castles) and they were wonderful. That was the real Ireland. The castle is owned by a family... they're giant Irish Wolfhound, Oscar greets you when you walk in, and they never stop feeding you. I loved the creaky floors and the winding staircases and the very snazzy seating areas. This castle had life and breathed warmth whenever we were around. It was a great start to our trip. Here's me and Oscar... yeah just your "normal" sized dog.








Obligatory food photos for my older brother... This was dinner at Cabra Castle. It blew my mind.

Bacon Brie Tart

Filet with Chips smothered in Gravy

Baily's Creme Brulee




Argh... My limited amount of time is up! We need to pack up and head back towards Dublin. Another update once we get to our next hotel. Today is our last day in Ireland before we return to America and spend a week in NYC. I will be happy when we're not driving for hours (spoiled Hawaiian who enjoys 10min drives to work). I promise more updates soon :)

Comments

  1. I haven't totally adjusted to the slackline timezone here so I've been sleeping really early and always wake up really early... wish I could get myself to do that back home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts